Providing the best cancer care to the people we serve
The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre NHS Foundation Trust is one of three specialist cancer centres in the UK, and this year will be opening the new Clatterbridge Cancer Centre – Liverpool, serving the population of 2.4million people across Cheshire and Merseyside.
Consistently rated by patients as one of the best performing hospitals, The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre is extremely proud of all our loyal and expert staff and is now seeking volunteers that share the collective aim of enhancing the experience of patients and their families.
To support its new hospital, The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre has an exciting opportunity to recruit volunteers for the following roles:
- Meet and Greet Volunteers
- Self-Check in Assistants
- Helping Hands – ward-based role
- Food and Drink Assistant – ward-based role
Volunteers must be able to demonstrate the following personal characteristics:
- Non-judgemental and a commitment to equal opportunities
- Awareness of confidentiality
- Smart appearance
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills
- Empathetic and warm approach
- Committed and reliable
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and have a positive outlook
- Friendly, sensitive, caring and polite manner
- Willingness to learn and enjoy helping others
- Ability to mobilise around the hospital unsupervised
- Able to work on own or as part of a team
We respectfully ask that people wait two years after receiving treatment for cancer themselves or after the loss of a loved one before deciding to volunteer, as this period of time provides emotional distance that can be beneficial.
For further details/an informal discussion, please email email@example.com.