LJMU: Liverpool John Moores University: research links and collaboration on studies from basic sciences to qualitative studies.
North West Coast Clinical Research Network: NIHR regional network facilitating research across the region.
University of Liverpool: strong collaborative links for scientific, translational and toxicity studies.
National Institute for Health Research
Liverpool Cancer Trials Unit: CCC’s preferred provider for the management of CCC-Sponsored studies.
Allied Health Sciences Network: pioneering new ways of working across all disciplines.
CLAHRC: Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care, which is committed to reducing health inequalities across the region.
CCC Charity: The only charity directly raising money for research, equipment, services and support for our patients across the region.
Cancer Research UK: UK’s largest cancer charity.
Liverpool Health Partners: Brings together Liverpool and Merseyside hospitals and academic institutions to deliver exemplary healthcare, research and education.
The prime objectives of the Research and Development Directorate are to:
- Maximise opportunities for patients to participate in high quality research programmes
- Ensure the Trust achieves agreed national performance targets
- Improve the quality, quantity and relevance of research and development activity within the Trust
- Help researchers achieve external funding from grant-giving bodies and commercial sponsors and to increase the Trust's external income from research
- Foster our relationship with academic partners to provide research support services; including the provision of expertise in statistics and other generic methodologies
- Ensure that the information requested from researchers is the minimum consistent with the highest standards of research governance
- Ensure all research and development projects in the Trust are appropriately peer reviewed, approved by a Research Ethics Committee and comply with research governance standards and statutory requirements
- Develop research and development training and educational opportunities for Trust researchers
- Raise the local and national profile of research within the Trust and develop appropriate collaborations with academic and industry partners