As one of the UK’s leading cancer centres we are committed to making ground breaking research available closer to our patients.
We strive to improve patient care by staying at the forefront of groundbreaking new treatments, technologies and techniques to deliver more effective and personalised treatments than ever before.
We have a strong, dynamic clinical trials portfolio that aims to bring the best in novel treatments and care to our patients. In addition, we support basic science research in translational and biomarker studies and maintain a holistic approach to research in qualitative quality of life and survivorship studies.
We have a vibrant Academic Oncology Unit to play a leadership role in the future development of academic oncology across the region. In tandem with robust, pragmatic governance arrangements to ensure that our health and social care research is conducted to the highest scientific and ethical standards there is a driven delivery team of over seventy research professionals across all clinical disciplines.
We deliver high quality cancer research; the current portfolio includes:
- A continually growing portfolio of research studies led by our Consultants and for which we act as Sponsor
- A portfolio of National Institute for Health Research studies (Phases II, III)
- Pharmaceutical commercially sponsored clinical trials (Phases I, II and III)
- Gene therapy studies
- Translational research, novel biomarker studies
- Radiotherapy physics and radiobiological modeling
- Radiotherapy, systemic therapy and supportive studies
- Qualitative quality of life and survivorship studies
The Trust forms a key part of the Liverpool Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre (in partnership with leading experts from The University of Liverpool and the Cancer Research UK Liverpool Cancer Trials Unit) and Liverpool Health Partners (a strategic partnership of 10 primary and secondary care NHS organisations, the University of Liverpool and Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, working together to deliver excellence in research, education and service delivery across Cheshire and Merseyside.)