Let’s Go Green for Clatterbridge
When: Saturday 3rd to Sunday 11th February 2018
Where: Work, School, College, Home
What: Go Green and raise funds to help build your new local Cancer Hospital
Thank you to each and every one of you across the North West that went green to help support local people with cancer, and also help to mark the launch of our New Cancer Hospital Appeal. which is supporting the development of a specialist cancer hospital in the heart of Liverpool and investment in our current Wirral site.
We were overwhelmed by the support we have received from the local community, right across the North West. A lot happened during Let’s Go Green, a few examples include:
- Lots and lots of buildings and famous landmarks across our region lit up green, such as St Georges Hall, Central Library, Everyman Theatre, Wallasey Town Hall, The Floral Pavilion, Bidston Lighthouse, Steve Prescott Bridge, Greystone Footbridge, Chester Town Hall, Eastgate Clock and the Grosvenor Hotel, as well as the Tower Refuge in the Isle of Man.
- Everton FC home game against Bournemouth on 4th February was dedicated to Clatterbridge, alongside Everton in the Community’s birthday celebration. Players warmed up in our Clatterbridge Green t-shirts and our New Cancer Hospital Appeal film was played in the stadium at halftime. Even Speedo Mick, in his Let’s Go Green trunks was dancing outside.
- Businesses, schools, community groups and local residents all across our region did amazing things to raise funds, such as dyed their hair green, baked green cakes, served tasty green food, held bucket collections, painted themselves green and held a dress down green day.
- Staff across our 10 sites went green for our Go Green Clatterbridge Day with 2 brave members going above and beyond, by bravely having green gunge (mushy peas!) chucked over their heads.
- Sam Quek, Jamie Carragher, Graeme Sharp, Ian Snodin and our patient Reece Holt kicked off our New Cancer Hospital Appeal.
- We held a thank you event for our incredible supporters, as it’s thanks to all of our cyclists, volunteers, event organisers, runners, walkers, businesses, green-wearers, swimmers, quizzers that we're now looking ahead to transforming cancer care across the region.
- Our hastag #letsgogreen was trending on Twitter!
Date for your Diary
Let’s Go Green will be back next year (even bigger!). It will be happening from Saturday 3rd to Sunday 11th February 2018.
For more information please call 0151 556 5566 or sign up here.