High Quality & Safe Care
The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre NHS Foundation Trust promises all patients quality and safety, together with professionalism and expertise.
We are determined to improve people's health and wellbeing through compassionate and effective cancer care.
The Board members are committed to continually improving quality in line with the Trust’s objectives.
It’s important to be transparent about the quality and safety of our services, as we believe that the public has a right to know how their specialist cancer centre is performing.
This section covers key areas of quality and safety such as harmfree care, complaints, cleanliness, views of patients and staff and improvement initiatives. Information can be found under the following headers:
In addition, we agree a number of Commissioning for Quality and Innovation (CQUIN) initiatives with our Commissioners every year. These are developed by national experts, to drive improvement in healthcare. Our 2016/2017 CQUINs are:
- Timely Identification and Treatment of Sepsis: supporting prompt identification and appropriate treatment of life-threatening infections
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Antimicrobial Stewardship: supporting the reduction of clinically inappropriate antibiotic prescription and consumption
- Enhanced Supportive Care: preventing and managing the adverse effects of cancer and its treatment
- Clinical Utilisation Review: helping to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions and reduce length of stay for patients by determining the most suitable level of care according to clinical need
- Dose Banding: standardising chemotherapy doses to increase safety and efficiency
- Staff Health and Wellbeing Initiatives: promoting healthy staff (including having the flu vaccination) and the availability of healthy food on the hospital sites
Further details of all CQUINs are available at https://www.england.nhs.uk/nhs-standard-contract/cquin/
We want the information we provide to be relevant, adequate and easy to understand. Please let us know how we can improve by completing this feedback form.