The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre is the single provider of non-surgical oncology in the Merseyside and Cheshire Cancer Network, one of the largest cancer networks in the UK.
The Centre offers a full range of services in radiotherapy and systemic therapy for all patient groups (except for the systemic therapy of haematological malignancy) and currently has the only operating proton therapy facility in Britain.
The Research and Development Directorate is a central corporate function within the Trust and, in collaboration with NHS and academic partners, supports the development of high quality R and D, including:
- Physics research
- A portfolio of locally-led clinical research
- The Merseyside and Cheshire Cancer Research Network
- The Liverpool Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre www.ukcrcexpmed.org.uk and www.lctu.org.uk/
- A portfolio of nursing and CReST research
- Commercial research portfolio (including gene therapy)