Research is a core component of the vision of The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre ‘to provide the best cancer care to the people that we serve’. We have a strong, dynamic clinical trials portfolio that aims to bring the best in novel treatments and care to our patients. In addition, we support basic science research in translational and biomarker studies and maintain a holistic approach to research in qualitative quality of life and survivorship studies.
We have a vibrant Academic Oncology Unit to play a leadership role in the future development of academic oncology across the region. In tandem with robust, pragmatic governance arrangements to ensure that our health and social care research is conducted to the highest scientific and ethical standards there is a driven delivery team of over seventy research professionals across all clinical disciplines.
We deliver high quality cancer research; the current portfolio includes:
- A continually growing portfolio of research studies led by our Consultants and for which we act as Sponsor
- A portfolio of National Institute for Health Research studies (Phases II, III)
- Pharmaceutical commercially sponsored clinical trials (Phases I, II and III)
- Gene therapy studies
- Translational research, novel biomarker studies
- Radiotherapy physics and radiobiological modeling
- Radiotherapy, systemic therapy and supportive studies
- Qualitative quality of life and survivorship studies